- Total Time: 49 min
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 24 min
- Yield: 6 servings
- Level: Easy Peasy
- 20 strips bacon (about 12 ounces)
- 20 medium-large shrimp, shelled and deveined (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 cup Easy Peasy barbecue insurance
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons chopped chipotles in adobo sauce (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Freshly ground pepper
Soak 5 to 8 bamboo skewers in water for about 20 minutes to keep them from burning on the grill or under the broiler.
Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a large skillet until halfway done, about 4 minutes. Drain and cool on paper towels. Wrap a piece of bacon around the middle of each shrimp; skewer with bamboo through the point where the bacon ends meet to keep it from unraveling. Thread 3 to 5 shrimp on each bamboo skewer.
Preheat a grill, grill pan or broiler. Grill or broil shrimp (on a foil-lined baking sheet, if broiling) for 5 minutes, basting with the sauce once they begin to turn pink. Flip, baste again and grill or broil until just cooked through, about 4 more minutes. Serve with extra sauce.
This recipe was modified to include Easy Peasy sauce. Original content can be found HERE
Photograph by James Baigrie